Sunday, September 27, 2009

Progress update - Kathy

It's been a tough few weeks. For some reason, when the going gets hard I get quiet. This is the time I should probably be out there, asking people for help. Still, going public with the overall goal has kept me on the straight and narrow. Just as well really, as I have been so tempted to eat everything in sight.

What's been up? Well, really, it's just the natural weight fluctuations that go with being female. Even though I know that, I am astounded by the impact that the scales going in the wrong direction can have on me. After a super-hormonal cycle, one of those that you are glad happens just once in a while, I'm back to normal (I hope).

Demoralising as it's been, I've had to really keep a close eye on things so that I didn't give up. Thank goodness for two things - I'm filling in Calorie King even when I'm having a "bad" day and I've got over $1100 in sponsorship that I'm determined to collect in May next year.

One thing that's been helping is that I'm running regularly. The days when I run are days when I can have the "not everyday" foods like pizza. When I'm running at my pace I generally burn about 10 calories a minute. I've been doing a few slower runs lately, but they (a) take longer so the calories x time equation makes up for the lower burn rate and (b) are fun because I'm running with friends.

Now that I'm feeling back on top of things, I've got a new challenge: Write your blog even when you're having a bad day!

Today's challenge: I've been out for my run, I've loaded up CK with my planned eating, all I have to do now is not go silly with the "I ran so now I can eat lots" mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment