Monday, September 7, 2009

Progress update - Kathy

Kelly had a great week! Me, I managed to lose 400 grams last week. Overall, that's a loss of 1.6 kgs in two weeks, which is great, particularly as I went over the $1000 mark in sponsorship today. (Thanks guys.) I'm now losing weight for $55/kg. One of my friends threw in a real kicker - $1/kg but $10 for every kg over 20 kg. Then he sent me an email to check that I had more than 20 kgs to lose. That was sweet. :-)

Now, 400 grams is great, but I can't help feeling disappointed. I ate well all week and I was on track to lose over 1/2 kg. I know that the figure is low because I'm pre-menstrual this week, but knowing it and being happy with it are two different things. I'm telling myself not to stress. I do know better. There's just that bit of me that wants everything to be perfect.

The weekend was hard work, food wise, and fantastic on every other front. When I plugged my eating into calorie king the days ended up being a lot better than I'd expected. Particularly yesterday, which was helped along by a fantastic run with Kelly.

Today's challenge: D'oh! (Watching way too much Simpsons lately!) I'd forgotten that I was going out to lunch to celebrate a few birthdays, my own included. My chicken schnitzel lunch arrived with chips, which I duly ate! I didn't even try to put a few aside. I plugged it all into calorie king and ended up with a minor weight loss day. Good but I know I can do better.

Today's success: Not getting upset over a bad food choice. Getting back on track today instead of tomorrow.

Tomorrow's challenge: Staying off the scales. I think I have to work hard at forgetting the scales and concentrating on eating well.

I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment