Sunday, September 6, 2009

A loss on the scales along with a few bad choices

You can never quite tell how much the scales are going to read, your constant reminder sitting in your bathroom everytime you walk past. Saturday is "weigh in" day and I often think "ok if I am good from M-F then I can have a splurge on saturday". Saturday then rolls into sunday and it is a domino effect. Everyday turns into a splurge day and there just doesn't seem to be an end. No more spurges - non related food rewards I think are on the agenda. I also need to make some very good food choices. I managed to resist the sausage rolls, biscuits, junk food at morning tea the other day and headed straight for the carrot/celery sticks then got back to my desk and ate my apple. I was very proud of myself as once upon a time I would have gobbled 2 or 3 sausage rolls.

Each week I will aim to loose 500gms. This week after a half successful week of tracking my food, eating the correct portions and perhaps throw in a little exercise for good measure I might have lost something. Did I...yes, a big 800gms. A loss is a loss and I am proud of my achievements even though I feel I didn't try very hard. You know you are still not satisfied when the sides of your skirts feel tight, the waist band on everything feels like it has just about cut you in half. (there is no blaming the washing machine for shrinking my clothes this time). This is how I am going to determine my weight loss over the next few months - not by the scales but the size of my clothes.

This week I have a program worked out for my exercise and am sticking to it! I am even about to prepare a menu for my weekly meals (from breakfast to dinner w/ snacks in between - so I can't go off track). It will show results on the scales this week and I will be feeling the results afterwards. Lets aim for 1kg for week 2.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, That's fantastic news! 800 grams is a great weight loss. Keep up the good work.

    Because an apple doesn't do it for me I have a different strategy for work morning teas. I take a yummy chocolate protein bar with me to the weekly work morning tea. If anyone comments I tell them I'm indulging in chocolate. I don't feel like I'm missing out and I'm much less likely to take a sausage roll when I know I'm eating something delicious.

    ReplyDelete