Friday, September 4, 2009

A lesson learned

Well, I thought I was being really clever by choosing an entree sized pasta and tomato sauce dish at lunch on Thursday. The size of the dish was great, but I was starving when I got back to work. So hungry in fact, that I headed straight for the cafeteria where all the "good" food had gone. I ended up choosing a muffin. Not a great food choice, but it seemed sensible at the time.

When I plugged the data into calorie king I realised that I'd really short changed myself over lunch. Even my salads, which I have been dutifully making and taking to work, have more calories, and considerably more protein. Next time, I'll choose the seafood pasta!

Today was one of those meeting, meeting, meeting days, which meant that I didn't have my usual snacks, that I ate my lunch about two hours later than usual during a meeting, and that I ended up with more than enough calories to enjoy my weekly beer and pizza night. (There's always an upside, isn't there?)

Over the week, I'm well on target for my 1/2 kilo weightloss. I didn't get on the scales on Wed or Thu, but I caved in today and checked. The 400 g weight loss that showed up on Tuesday is still a 400 g weight loss. That was a relief.

Today's challenge: Only having half a pizza tonight, as the base I used had lots of calories in it.

Today's success: See above! That extra slice looked tempting, but I resisted!

Tomorrow's challenge: Like every weekend, staying on track. I find weekends the hardest.

Month of me: Yesterday I used my lavender body lotion. Today I bought myself some cape seed loaf and had a sandwich when I got home from work. I try not to make my month of me treats about food, but my other attempt was going to the library. Unfortunately, it was two seconds to closing time so I was thrown out.

No comments:

Post a Comment