Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend struggle

The weekend is the hardest part! Well, it certainly seems to be this weekend. I'm glad I got myself off to a good start during the week. Funnily enough though, even though it seems to be a struggle, I've managed to keep myself on track. Hooray me.

First of all, Friday was a great day. It started off early, with breakfast before I went running with Krissi. I never used to be able to eat before running, but I had to learn how when I was training for the half. As we were going to be out for an hour, I knew I'd better fuel up. It was a really enjoyable run. Hard work, as I've only been running once a week for a while and I didn't run the last two weeks. I was surprised to discover that we ran 7.37 kms in the hour. I think I made about 6.5 the last time I was out with Krissi, so it was quite an improvement. It also explained why it felt harder.

I knew I'd be hungry, so I planned ahead. I packed a protein drink so that I wouldn't be tempted by a muffin or sausage roll at work. I'm glad I did, as I'd forgotten it was the monthly morning tea. Cakes galore. I held strong and stuck to my eating plan. I managed to negotiate the temptation of fish and chips at lunchtime, choosing a chicken salad instead and then Graham and I swapped the traditional beer and pizza night for tacos, using chicken mince. They were delicious.

I woke up hungry on Saturday. Weetbix for breakfast sounds so healthy but I was surprised to find it's about 100 calories less than my usual toast and cheese. We went shopping so it was late before we got home for lunch. I'd planned a standard lunch but Graham had other plans in mind. We ended up having chicken schnitzel and bacon on a bread roll. It was delicious. I had to stay strong and cut my schnitzel in half, as well as trim all the fat from my bacon. Graham cooked chicken wings as well, as a snack. I did my calorie counting, worked out a sensible dinner, and decided that I could have two wings without doing much damage. I ended up having three as they were so tasty. Fortunately, even with the yummy lunch and snack, it ended up being a weight loss day. It took some doing though.

This morning I had breakfast then Graham cooked the super duper breakfast/lunch combination that is a routine weekend treat here. Fortunately, I have that loaded in calorie king, so I'm able to keep track of that one. Tonight we're having roast chicken. The challenge there will be to take the skin off. If I do that today will end up being a good weight loss day.

I think if I wasn't keeping track in calorie king I'd be completely undoing all the good work I've done all week.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. I'm looking forward to seeing the results for the first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment