Thursday, August 27, 2009

A busy day

I'm glad I planned what I was going to eat yesterday as it would have been really easy to go astry ... and it's only day three! The day was complicated by the fact that I was getting up at 5 am to fly to Melbourne for work, then heading out to see Alice Cooper that evening.

Qantas has changed the breakfast menu recently so I plugged it into Calorie King before I left. I also added a healthy sandwich option. I knew the Qantas muffin was around 200 cal, so I replaced that as a snack with some biscuits from home. Fortunately, there was a group of people travelling and I was the only one with Qantas Club membership, so I didn't go in. That solved the temptation problem associated with the "free" food and drinks. On the plane back, when I was hungry, the afternoon snack was carrot cake. How good was that? I don't like carrot cake. I had the apple option instead. The only bad thing about the flight was the turbulence on the way back into Canberra. I didn't hear anyone scream but I was hanging on to the seat in front of me, as were the passengers on either side of me. Thank goodness all flights aren't like that.

Another win for the day was that we were on an earlier flight, which meant that I had time to have dinner at home before going to the concert. Graham cooked, which was fantastic, except that chops were on the menu. I plugged the chop into Calorie King and thought philosopically, oh well, as long as I keep the average down I'll hit my target weight loss for the week. Then my brain kicked into gear. I cut all the visible fat off the chop, enjoyed my dinner as I felt virtuous, and made my calorie count target for the day.

Yesterday's success story: The apple. I'm not all that fond of apples and the carrot cake icing did look delicious.

Today's challenge: Nothing comes to mind. I'll have to watch the afternoon munchies.

PS: The Alice Cooper concert was terrific!

1 comment: