Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 2 - on my way

I'm logging my calories, in and out, online at Calorie King. To get to my goal I have to lose between 0.5 and 1 kg per week. I just did some counting. There are 37 weeks between now and Mother's Day, so I should manage that quite comfortably.

When I successfully lost 43 kilos, I kept a food and exercise diary. It made all the difference. Recently (over the past 12 months) I've had a stop start relationship with keeping my diary. I've managed to keep records for a few days and then I "skip" the weekend.

That's this week's goal: Keep the food diary every day for the next week.
Two days down and five to go!

On the exercise front, I had PT this morning. 20 mins running on the treadmill, followed by 40 mins of gym work. My abs certainly got a good workout this morning.

Yesterday's struggle: Hitting the send button on the first email that I sent out. Would you believe that I have been thinking this through for a few weeks. I nearly didn't do it. Fortunately, I have a few good friends who encouraged me through the doubts.

Yesterday's second struggle: Hitting the send button on the email to my workmates. I knew the running girls would support me but I felt like I was going out on quite a limb by putting this challenge out there at work.

Yesterday's success story: The fantastic support from everyone! I'm so glad I managed to hit that button.

Today's struggle: I've felt hungry all day. I don't know how much it's psychological. I've been using exercise as a reason to eat what I like. Today, I kept an eye on it.

Today's success story: My calorie count is right on target. I use a guide that I read in Jillian Michael's Biggest Loser book to let me know how I'm going, as Calorie King's targets don't really suit me. It does all the arithmetic though, so I work with it. :-)

Tomorrow's challenge (apart from the food diary): I'm travelling to Melbourne for meetings (stupid o'clock start but getting back to Canberra around 5:30 pm) then going to an Alice Cooper concert at 7 pm. I have to manage the food choices (plane and cafeteria) then do something sensible for dinner. It can be done! It will be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment